- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Back To School
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
The Bible is meant to be read, understood, and shared. So your translation of God's Word should be true-to-the-original and one you like to read.
The Christian Standard Biblecaptures the Bible's original meaning without compromising clarity. An optimal blend of accuracy and readability, this translation helps readers make a deeper connection with God's Word and inspires lifelong discipleship. The CSB is for everyone—for readers young and old, new and seasoned. Click here to compare translations.
The CSB is accurate: the CSB is an original translation: more than 100 scholars from 17 denominations translated directly from the best available Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic source texts into English. Its source texts are the standard used by scholars and seminaries today.
The CSB is trustworthy: the conservative, evangelical scholars of the CSB affirm the authority of Scripture as the inerrant Word of God and seek the highest level of faithfulness to the original and accuracy in their translation.
The CSB is clear: it is as literal a translation of the ancient source texts as possible, but, in the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, it uses a more dynamic translation. This makes the CSB ideal not only for preaching and study, but for reading and sharing with others.
The CSB is Readable: In the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering is clearly understandable, a literal translation is used. When a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, a more dynamic translation is used. (see chart)
The CSB Engages Readers: Research shows that Bible reading is the number one indicator for spiritual growth. The problem of how to encourage more engagement with Scripture's transformational message is not new, but it is a problem we can help solve. Bible translation should never compromise on accuracy or readability. The Christian Standard Bible is a translation that balances fidelity and readability to open the door for every believer to share the Bible with someone who has read it for a lifetime, or with someone who has never before encountered its life-changing message.
The CSB He Reads Truth Bible includes robust, well-crafted theological extras to draw the reader back to Scripture, increase biblical literacy, and foster a growing affection for God and His Word. Color coded by genre, each book of the Bible features detailed book introductions, a reading plan with supplemental passages for deeper understanding, and full-color maps, charts, and timelines by the He Reads Truth team. In addition, the He Reads Truth Bible features 66 key verses, artfully lettered to aid in Scripture memorization. This Bible invites every man to count himself as part of the He Reads Truth community of "Men in the Word of God every day."
Features include: 66 hand-lettered key verses, 17 full-color timelines, 21 maps, 122 charts (including infographics and lists), and 4 illustrations, reading plans for every book of the Bible, one-year Bible reading plan, detailed book introductions, key verse list, smyth-sewn binding, two colored ribbon markers, and wide margins for journaling and note taking.
The He Reads Truth Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible(R) (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture's life-transforming message and to share it with others.
Beauty, goodness, and truth. The She Reads Truth Bible embodies all of the aspects of the She Reads Truth community. Featuring devotional readings written by the She Reads Truth team, this bible invites women to engage with God's Word every day. The She Reads Truth Bible also features 66 designs by top calligraphy and hand-lettering artists to aid in memorization and understanding of Scripture.
- 183 Devotions
- 66 calligraphy verse designs
- 35 full-color timelines
- 20 full-color maps
- 11 full-color charts
- Reading plans for every book of the Bible
- One year and three year Bible reading plans
- Detailed book introductions
- Key Verse list
- Presentation Page
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Wide margins for journaling and notetaking.
The She Reads Truth Bible features the highly reliable, highly readable text of the Christian Standard Bible (CSB), which stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity. The CSB's optimal blend of accuracy and readability makes Scripture more moving, more memorable, and more motivating to read it today and share it always.
The CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible is an invitation for all women to find their stories within the tapestry of the greatest Story ever told--God's Story of Redemption. Featuring devotions by over one hundred writers of the (in)courage community, the CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible provides resources for women to explore the Bible, dive deep into Scripture, record their own stories, and find themselves among friends. Readers will experience Scripture in new ways in the company of women willing to "go first" with everyday stories that bear witness to God's grace to find beauty in brokenness and hope in the hard. (in)courage is a vibrant online community, reaching thousands of women every day, welcoming them just the way they are, offering a space to breathe, loving support, and resources for meaningful connection.Features include:
- 260 Devotions
- 52 Reflective response devotions
- 10 distinct thematic Reading Plans
- 66 Book Introductions connecting each book of the Bible to the whole biblical narrative
- Stories of courage from 50 women of the Bible
- Journaling space
- Topical index
- Two-column text
- Theme verses
- Specialized presentation page
CSB in Comparison to Other Translations
"I like to use the Christian Standard Bible because it's a translation that's faithful to the Bible's original manuscripts, with oversight by some trusted partners in ministry. While it's highly literal to the original text, it's also remarkably clear for Bible readers today. I highly recommend the CSB as I encourage our church members—and all of us—to read and share the power of God's Word with others."
Kyle Idleman, Teaching Pastor, Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY
"As I travel around the country teaching the Bible to women, I encourage them to draw on the promises of God as their main source and sustenance for life. The Christian Standard Bible lines up perfectly with my core ministry goals—theological soundness and accessibility for the everyday person."
Lisa Harper, Bible teacher and author
"The Christian Standard Bible provides a clear trustworthy translation of the Holy Scriptures in a style that the reader can clearly hear the voice of God in print speaking to their soul."
Tony Evans, Senior Pastor, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, Dallas, TX
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Christian Standard Bible?The Christian Standard Bible (CSB) is a highly trustworthy, faithful translation that is proven to be the optimal blend of accuracy and readability. It's as literal to the original as possible without sacrificing clarity. The CSB is poised to become the translation that pastors rely on and Bible readers turn to again and again to read and to share with others.
- How is the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) different from the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)?The Christian Standard Bible is a revision of the HCSB, updating translation and word choices in order to optimize both fidelity to the original languages and clarity for a modern audience. The Translation Oversight Committee, co-chaired by Drs. Tom Schreiner and David Allen, incorporated advances in biblical scholarship and input from Bible scholars, pastors, and readers to sharpen both accuracy and readability.
- How does the Christian Standard Bible compare to other translations?The CSB lands in the sweet spot between the more formal ("word-for-word") translations and more dynamic ("thought-for-thought") translations. An independent analysis has proven that the Christian Standard Bible is the optimal combination of fidelity to the original languages and readability for a modern audience. The CSB was created using a methodology called Optimal Equivalence, which balances contemporary English readability with linguistic precision to the original languages, making it ideal not only for preaching and study, but for sharing with others.
- Why was the word "Holman" removed from the name of the translation?Holman Bible Publishers carries the name of a Philadelphia-based book binder, Andrew Jackson Holman and has a proud heritage as the oldest North American Bible publisher, dating back to 1743. While the publishing entity retains the name, the Holman family name in the name of a Bible translation often created more questions than answers. "Christian Standard Bible" removes those questions and increases appeal to the broad audience that the CSB is designed to serve.